Monday, May 23, 2011

GRADUATION WEEKEND!!!

Travis graduated from high school on Friday night.  I had lots of food and decorations set out before he got dressed.  One of the decorations was a flip chart.  For the past 3 months we have counted down the days to graduation on a flip chart.  Each day Travis would pull off a sheet of flip chart paper to reveal the new number of days until graduation.  This was my way of keeping him motivated his last semester of high school.  Finally, it was the big day!  You can see the flip chart in these pictures.

Then we headed out to the big night.  It was so emotional for me, both exciting and sad.  I am so proud of him.  What a wonderful young man Travis has grown up to be.  He is funny, sweet, handsome, and smart.  Did I mention I am proud?
The event was held at the biggest church in Memphis.  We got there REALLY early to have great seats! Here is Travis after he got his diploma.  He turned his head right before Michael snapped the picture, but we will get official pictures later.
Travis had a huge party to attend right after graduation, so we didn't get to celebrate anymore until Sunday.  We went to brunch after church at Tower Restaurant on top of Clark Tower in East Memphis.  I will post another blog about that event next week, but I did want to share a few great pictures now.  You can see part of the Memphis skyline behind Eva.  Unfortunately, it was raining that day, so you can't see downtown very well.

No comments: