Monday, December 13, 2010

WHOOPS...

Michael is an amazing gift-giver.  I so look forward to birthdays and Christmas because I know his gift to me will be thoughtful and incredible.

This year I have had NO idea what was in store.  I had been trying to figure it out, fish it out of him, etc., but with no luck.  And then last Wednesday his Dad called.  Michael put him on speaker phone and his Dad said, "Have you gotten that computer yet?"  When Michael got off the phone I said, "Your Dad is getting a computer?  Michael, can he handle that?  Won't you be over there all the time having to help him figure it out?  Michael agreed but said, "Look it's his money.  If he wants to buy a computer, let him buy a computer."  So thinking I was being too controlling, I dropped the subject.

Two nights later his Dad called again.  And again, Michael put his Dad on speaker phone.  This time, Michael's Dad said, "Have you bought BEV that computer yet?"  Well, there was no denying it!!!  Michael was buying me a computer for Christmas!  And not just any computer... a MAC BOOK!!!

Well, since I already knew about the gift I convinced him to go ahead and give it to me.  So, I am on it NOW!!!  I am learning how to make movies, digital scrapbooks, and other FUN, FUN stuff.  I haven't been able to put it down since he gave it to me Saturday!

The only time I have left the computer was to go to church.  The sermon was about the Three Wise Men and the gifts they brought to Jesus.  The minister said, "The better you know someone, the more meaningful your gift to them will be."

YAY Michael!  You know me so well and I love you so much.

1 comment:

Boni Williamson said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! I keep telling Travis that we are in DESPERATE need of a new computer (since I have to do all of his business stuff) and I am DYING for a MAC.

Pretty sure that I'm just gonna get us one when I get my bonus. I need you and Michael to help me!