Monday, February 14, 2011

My funny Valentine

I REALLY never thought I would marry again.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not a man-hater.  In fact, I love men.  I just never thought I would find someone who met my 'husband qualifiers'.  Yes, that's right.  The nerd in me even had a list of qualifiers for people I dated.  Number ONE on my list... has to make me laugh.

I am a fairly intense, focused, serious person.  I need someone silly, goofy, and irreverent to counteract that.  I love to laugh, to be silly, to goof off.  But left to my own devices I would not even think to do things.  I need someone there to prod me, to poke at me, to remind me not to take things so seriously.

Enter Michael...

Not a day goes by that Michael doesn't say or do something to make me laugh.  Sometimes it is just word play. For example, Michael loves combining words.  He has established a new, respectable sounding Vitali lexicon.  Dictionary want-to-be words  Michael has created include:  "Saturch" (church on Saturday), Spass (Spotted Bass), Hiccurp (A burp that sounds like a hiccup.  Eva is famous for these during Saturch, but that story is for a different blog.)

But other times, like in these pictures, Michael makes me laugh by just being a Growid, grown-up acting like a kid.


Michael dressed up in my "Blanket with feet"  You can't really tell from the picture, but this is a half-blanket, half-pajamas contraption (or, in Vitali lexicon, a Blankma).  It is impossible to move in, and, because it is mine, very small on Michael

Michael trying to eat Bam-D's chew toy.  GROSS!!!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful, courageous, funny man in my life.  Thank you, Michael, for bringing such joy and laughter into our home!  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to the BESBANDER!  (Best Husband Ever)!

No comments: